Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bridger's first steps!!!


Bridger is 17 1/2 mos old and on tuesday afternoon he took his first four steps all by himself!!! He is in physical therapy and the therapist comes every other week to work with him on his gross motor skills. She asked us if he was walking yet and we told her no. He only had taken maybe a step from us to the bed or the couch or something similar. She picked him up, helped him balance, and he was so afraid of her that he bolted right to me!!! It was amazing...to see our little guy take those first steps. After all that he has been through in his short life I felt like it was a step to putting that all behind him!! Now he is working on perfecting that skill,which still needs a lot of work, but none the less, he has taken his first steps. He prefers the crawling, so it is just a matter of encouraging him a lot to continue on the walking. I know that before too long he will be running and wearing me out but it is such a good feeling to see him succeed!!!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I can't believe you have two boys!!! Congratulations on being a mom! How exciting! Jill Wangsgaard just had a baby boy too! (just last week) All of my childhood friends are moms-so fun!
So I didn't see your post on my blog until I was going through it tonight (I'm not too good at checking it and posting pictures, etc.) And then I ran into your parents at my brothers wedding on Saturday! It has been so long! I was trying to explain to your parents how I used to pick bark off those white trees in your front yard-I don't think they remembered or they probably just weren't too interested in reminiscing about the trees in their yard twenty years ago :) Over Christmas in Kansas we went through some old pictures-I found some fun pictures of us playing dress up.

How fun that we can keep in touch after all these years. Talk to you later!

Jayn(i)e