Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To My Big Brother...



Yeah, I know it is a day late but the thought has always been there!!! Happy Birthday, Jason....you have been the best big brother a girl could ever have. I know life hasn't always been easy but you inspire me with your determination to keep on living life the best you can. I think back fondly on times with you as we grew from children to adults. I remember you tying a rope to your skateboard and pulling me with your bike...me falling off every few minutes and you telling me to get up and lets do it again!!! I remember you always let me in your room in Kansas and would wrestle me to a pulp on that blue velvet bedspread...you were practicing, right? I remember snow forts, and dancing on your feet in the living room, drives in the Jeep just because you wanted to drive it and listen to your music with your massive speakers, going on dates with you, discovering the joy of fritos, velveeta and chili, eating cookie dough straight from the prepackaged roll, endless afternoons of you teaching me how to play basketball in the driveway, the protectiveness of a big brother from all the idiots out there and so many more!!! I have loved watching you as a Dad....you are amazing at what you do and you are so important. You are an amazing people person and I have loved watching the impact that you have made in others lives....Jason is one of the most giving, caring, fun-loving and hard working men that I know! So here's to you brother on your birthday...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful guy. You are such a great sis.

Jason Whitesides said...

Cami that was very nice. I hope you got my message. Thanks again. By the way Kristen is only saying I am wonderful guy because she knew I would read this. HA!