Sunday, December 14, 2008

And the tree is done....really....although we still need the gingerbread men!!!









So here is the tree that has taken oh so many hours of our time....well worth the time spent  I think!!! I know you probably will laugh at the title of this little blurb. We always make gingerbread men for ornaments on the tree. Usually, it is for the kids tree but this year they will go on Mom's tree because what would our Christmas be without our ginger ornaments???? It is a tradition that hasn't failed yet and I won't let it. We have so much fun doing it together as well. Maranee, the recipe that we have used every year is awesome....however, due to time constraint this year we left it up to Betty Crocker and her pouch mix!!! I do have to say that for ornaments, it completely rocked my world. It was all ready and rolled out in less than 10 minutes....you should try it. Not sure how they taste and all but it fulfilled it's purpose well....This was the first year that Bridger got in on the cookie making and lets just say he had a blast.  A couple of sweepings and a bath and we were able to recover from his cookie time in the kitchen....he was so happy though and those are the times you remember the most. Grandma(my mom), wants to attempt sugar cookies with the grandsons as they arrive this weekend from out of town and with our little guys too....Grandma, just look at these pictures and then make your decision!!! Just kidding, I think it is awesome that she wants to do that. That is one of the things I remember most about Christmas time. We always made sugar cookies and decorated them and then we would go out and deliver a bunch to our friends and neighbors. Maranee, if you say that you don't remember that well then we need to help you remember because I have fond memories of the two of us decorating those dozens and dozens of cookies together and I love those memories so much!!! Jason, I just remember you coming up every so often and eating one or two that looked the best and disappearing once again.....lol. Then when it was time to deliver them you would totally disappear or Mom would finally convince you to go  by letting you drive......once again....lol!!!  I love you guys so much...Happy holidays to you all and  I hope that we all are able to establish and enjoy our very own Christmas traditions with our families and keep them throughout the years!!!

1 comment:

Maran said...

I do remember mom baking sugar cookies. I don't remember us frosting dozens of them. However, I'm glad they are good memories for you! Your tree looks great by the way! Issac with a loose tooth, wow. He's really getting big.