Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friday...



On Friday, we had the chance to take part in Jay's (Charles older brother) graduation from Weber!!! It is such an awesome thing for Jay and we are happy to see him accomplish and move through this milestone in his life. Good Luck to you Jay and we hope that you will get into an great PT program and do the things that you desire with your degree. Jay graduated Suma Cum Laude and has worked so hard these last few years. Jay is also the first one to ever graduate with a degree from a college or university in his family going way back through quite a few generations! Gordon(Verlene's husband) graduated a few years ago with a degree from Weber State but directly a Mills, not in laws, he truly is the first. It was really great to have the whole Mills family gathered in one place to celebrate Jay and his accomplishment. Quite amazing for us, considering that usually only happens at Christmas time, once a year!!! We had a great time at Olive Garden following the ceremony and I loved getting to know my nephew Hayden so much better. He is a great kid and makes me laugh....comes from great parents too:) I have to say that my favorite part of the whole ceremony itself was when the provost, or whoever it was, was trying to get the crowd excited and said in her speech "And always remember that we here at Weber, WE BLEED PURPLE!!!" She said it with such gusto and I really think she thought she was going to get a different response but what happen still makes me laugh inside when I think about it. The whole Dee Events center was just silent......silent!!! I thought it was hilarious.....and the smile on her face just sort of faded and she was lost and then sat down. I know I shouldn't find humor in such things but I did, so what do you do?  So, here is to Jay and we wish you the best with your interviews and getting into a good program!!!

1 comment:

Maran said...

Congratulations! Actually, I feel kinda bad for that lady! I'm glad you got to spend time with Charles family though.