Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008








Wow! What a season.....it sure all came in a whirlwind and soon we will bring in the new year. Whatever happened to 2008 anyway? I can't believe that another year has come and gone. We have been so busy this past year and so many things have happened along the way! Some really trying times as well as some really wonderful, memory making times. I guess at least there are really good times to be had to help us balance out the majority of life's trials that we all face. Christmas was wonderful for our family. I think that the boys have enjoyed their time home and have also had some fun times out and about and opportunities to learn what Christmas truly is about. Christmas Eve was time that was well spent with our families. My brother and his family came over before they pursued their traditions of Christmas Eve and it was great! I really enjoyed being with them and having our home to welcome them into....never mind when they rang the door bell I had just proceeded to slice my finger near in half with a bean dip lid!!! Hence, we don;t have any pictures with them because I had a lame hand and then I was trying to prepare food for the fam(couldn't have done it with out Kristen's help and my mom's quick hand in the kitchen....thanks guys so much!) I figured that when you are the hosting home there just isn't time to do all the things that you would like to ie.taking pictures!!! After while, Charlie's parents joined us as well as his brother Jay:) We went outside to our fire pit and roasted marshmallows and made smores.....it was so much fun to be together and to watch the boys in all of their splendor.....they sure have an affinity for their uncle Jay and thanks for coming Jay because you made the night memorable for the boys! Bridger was mostly fascinated with poking the fire with the roasting stick and watching the sparks fly into the sky....he sure is full of life and we love every minute of it. Christmas was happy and many things to make it memorable. We miss all of you and wish you a joyous season and a Happy New Year!!!!

2 comments:

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Butterfields said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas as well! Where are you at now? Email me at butterfieldp@gmail.com