Sunday, December 7, 2008

For My Awesome Sister on her Birthday!!!




So today is December 7....not just the day of remembrance of that awful event that occured in Pearl Harbor....but a day of happy remembrance for the birth of my sister!!! And no she is not that old, they just happen to have occured on the same day in the month of December. One long before the other:)  My sister is a wonderful woman.....the service that she has rendered in years past is amazing and she is such an example to me. Maran,  I think that you are so smart, creative, nurturing and
 kind. I can always go to you when I need help with something or just need someone to talk to. I couldn't have asked for a better sister and I thank you for all of your prayers that allowed me to be a part of our family and have you for a sister. I realize that there is 6 yrs difference in our age and that was a challenge for you as we were growing up but through it all I am so grateful that I had you to be an example to me. Thanks for always playing with me as we were young....I realize you were probably much more into things that the "teeny boppers" were at the time but you still took time out for me and our dolls and stuffed animals!!! Once you left for college and then met Brian our relationship grew so strong and then as we have shared motherhood and adulthood I feel that our ties continue to strengthen with time. You are awesome and I hope that your birthday is happy and that you can share it with those you love!!! Happy Birthday, Sister.........I really missed not having much time with you as we were in your hometown but soon enough we will have to get together again and share some quality time one with another. 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

hmmm, I think I remember you guys at time. Fun times! Happy Birthday Maranee.

Maran said...

Thanks Cammie. You're pretty swell yourself! Buy the way, I've never seen that picture of me and Corbin before. . .where are we?

Cami said...

it is at the hogle zoo!!! i think i have a few more if you want......